What Is Q-Switch Laser and How Does It Work?
Q-Switch Laser is a type of laser whose pulse time is shortened to one millionth of a second. The pulse energy used in shorter periods of time is higher than lasers that use a continuous wavelength. In Q Switch laser treatment, according to the type of pulse used, the laser beam causes effects on the target tissue such as cavitation, shock wave or thermal field.
Q Switch lasers are in demand laser types especially used for unwanted brown spots on the skin, sun and age spots, tattoo removal, skin rejuvenation and carbon peeling.
Q-Switch Laser Types
- Ruby (694nm)
- Alexandrite (755nm)
- Nd-YAG (532nm – 1064nm) (585nm – 650nm Pulse Dye)
Q-Switch Laser Indications:
- It is used in removal of tattoos in any colors
- Treatment of benign moles
- Sun and age spots
- Treatment of melasma
- Hormonal stains (pregnancy, birth control pills, etc.)
- Treatment of hyperpigmentation
- Treatment of capillary vessels
- Skin resurfacing and rejuvenation
- Removal of acne scars