What Is an IPL?
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. It is a common technology used worldwide by physicians in clinics for professional hair removal applications.
IPL uses Intense Pulsed Light technology with special filtration techniques in a wide spectrum of light in visible and infrared ranges of light (400-1,200nm).
Generally speaking, IPL devices are capable of producing high-energy shots using the light between 400 - 1,200 nm wavelengths. While a single wavelength is used in laser, IPL technology uses different wavelengths. With varied filtering techniques used in the IPL treatment, the wavelength of light can be changed, so that specific treatments and applications can be performed. Parameters such as pulse power, pulse times, number of pulses can be set by the operator. With these features, an advanced IPL device can be used for various dermatological and aesthetic treatments.
Intense pulsed light (IPL) is an application that treats skin problems such as blemishes and wrinkles caused by time and aging in your skin. IPL radiates a firm and intense light with its wide spectrum of light. Thanks to this wide spectrum, it has the ability to treat multiple skin problems simultaneously Skin applications should be performed by a physician experienced in energy adjustment.
- Hair Removal (700nm, 800nm cut-off filters)
- Acne treatment (420nm cut-off filter)
- Skin resurfacing (560nm, 590nm, 640nm, 700nm filters)
- Wrinkle treatment (700nm cut-off filter)
- Treatment of pigmented lesions (560nm, 590nm, 640nm filters)
- Solar Lentigo, freckle treatment (530nm, 560nm, 590nm filters)
- Skin Tightening (700nm)
- Telangiectasis (530(s)nm cut-off, 560nm, 590nm filters)
- Diffuse Erythema (530(s)nm cut-off, 560nm filters) treatments are made.
How many sessions are required for an IPL treatment?
It varies according to the type of treatment.
- Hair removal takes approximately 4-8 sessions. Session intervals are 4-6 weeks.
- Facial telangiectasis and erythema take 1-3 sessions. Session intervals are 4 weeks.
- Lentigo takes 1-2 sessions. Session intervals are 2 weeks.
- Melasma takes 5-10 sessions. Session intervals are 1 week for each session.
- Skin rejuvenation and tightening take 5-10 sessions. Session intervals are 1-2 weeks.
- Acne treatment takes 4-8 sessions. Session intervals are 2 weeks.
- PDT applications take 4-6 sessions. Session intervals are 1-2 weeks.